Get your home in front of 30,000 visitor/mo looking for Maui
We are looking for a few select maui property owners with quality accommodations to join our trusted, very targeted boutique directory. If you have a legal vacation rental and want to be an involved, caring, active participant in the rental process, come join us! List your Condo with us and see what sets us apart from other Directories.
Don’t be tempted by those inexpensive start ups. We are a proven directory website with 20+ years of on line results. Google considers us an authority for Maui Condo Rentals by Owner & that shows in the SERPs (Search Engine Results Position). With us many of our members have achieved booking independence. If you want to get away from dependance on VRBO, AirBnB, Booking.com & other BOOKING sites join us! #BOOK-DIRECT
With MauiOwnerCondos, renters pay NO Portal BOOKING FEEs on top of what they pay you, as required at HomeAway, Vrbo, AirBnB & others. Many of our owners are on those other sites too but once renters learn about us, they do most of their business here.
We provide visitors wishing to rent a home on Maui, the security of knowing our properties are all well maintained, reliable, legal options. Our owners care about the renter experience and treat them professionally.
We are an Ohana (Network) of OWNERS who wish to market and rent our personal condos located on Maui. Our member owners & managers contribute to the success of this site by promoting the Network as well as our own condos. We all understand the importance of combining & sharing resources to keep costs down.
√ We are membership based. Neither owners nor renters pay us a percentage of a rental.
√ We have reasonable rates.
√ You keep all rental information, all inquiries, reviews, guests correspondence – it’s all yours – you have full control
√ We are selective and don’t accept everyone just because they’ve paid a listing fee like other directories.
1. You must be the owner or the legal manager. You must be the owner. We confirm ownership of every condo with Maui County
2. Legal rentals Only. We verify that the resort/area you are in is zoned/permitted for legal vacation rentals. Short term Rental Home license (STRH) is required & verified for homes outside normal vacation rental areas.
3. Have a valid Hawaii Tax ID. We provide a consistent place on each listing to display it and check
4. Owners/Managers are responsible for making sure ALL info on their listing is accurate. Keeping Rates, Calendar, Contact Info, Payment methods & Policies up to date is a condition of Membership. Keep your password safe and change it periodically. We recommend you check your listing often paying special attention to your contact information (email and phone).
5. Pass our Inspection. We inspect each condo ($60 paid directly to inspector) prior to accepting it and require the accommodation is clean, well maintained and has the caring owner touches we would all like to find. Most properties are remodeled …
IF we find significant issues and the owner does not wish to fix them, we will not list your condo.. We turn down about 15% of the folks who apply. Most owners are happy to have our experienced input as to what the condo needs to meet our standards and generate repeat bookings
√ Renters deal directly with the actual owner/manager. Our owners know their condos intimately and care about the type of experience they provide their renters. They spend time living in their condos or on Maui and all are active, caring, professional, participants in the rental process.
√ We have been managing our own Maui vacation rentals since 1999 and pass on our knowledge to our members.
√ Our directory is run more like a network or Ohana than a corporation and is a labor of love. We look forward to seeing our vacation rentals get the exposure they need to remain well booked. Our rentals are our biggest investment – our Directory gets them exposure.
A membership based organization with yealy dues, we like to think of ourselves as an Ohana of like minded owners all of whom contribute to our success. We share names of resources, recommend each other, and take pleasure in talking about the group in travel and other forums, Twitter, Facebook etc. We have active blog, email & ad campaigns. The more our owners help get the word out, the lower our rates can stay.
√ $360.00 Our intro year rate is due once we all agree the property & listing are ready for display. In addition an inspection fee** of $60 is required prior to the inspection.
** Required of all Properties: The inspection does not guarantee membership or rating qualification but you will receive our comprehensive form noting areas needing to be addressed prior to membership/rating should you not qualify immediately.
√ After the introductory year, yearly fees are $350 plus the cost of one-half* night low season rental for your property. *(If rentals rate is $800 or more, rental rate is capped at $800)
√ SAMPLE: If your low season rate for 7 or more nights is $270/night your yearly rate would be $350 + 135 (.5*270) = $485/yr