We have taken this time to update and clarify our privacy policies to increase transparency and to comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We respect your privacy! That includes our members, newsletter subscribers, those who answer our surveys, and those who fill out our questionnaires or look for properties to rent on our site:
• We will never sell or rent our mailing lists to third parties for e-mail marketing or any other purpose. We may advertise in our email publications;
• We respect the purpose for which our site visitors gave us information;
• We send our periodicals only to those who request them. Sometimes people subscribe for their friends, and while we cannot prevent that, we offer information to these subscribers how to easily unsubscribe if requested.
• We keep our subscription lists as clean as possible to prevent obsolete e-mails to take unnecessary bandwidth.
• Customers – individuals who register, on their own or on behalf of an entity, to use MOC Services with the creation or administration of an MOC listing account.
• Event/Marketing Participants – individuals who provide their information to MOC when they register for MOC webinars, subscribe to marketing material, participate in surveys or contests, or attend other MOC events.
• Website Visitors – individuals who visit MOC’s Website and opt to provide contact information including an email address to receive communications from MOC.
MOC asks for your account information which includes your name, business name, email address, physical address, phone number, credit card and bank account information (stored directly with a third party processor), and website domain. By voluntarily providing MOC with your account information, you represent that you own and consent to our use of such personal data.
MOC may ask for your name, email address, physical address, and phone number. Participation in events, surveys, contents, or subscribing to marketing material is voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this personal data.
At your option, MOC asks and may collect your name, email address, physical address, and phone number. In addition, we also collect information such as web server logs, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, or other information as part of aggregated data.
MOC may also collect IP addresses for the purposes of systems administration or to report information in aggregate form to our advertisers (e.g. how many visitors logged in to a our site). An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer automatically when you use the Internet. When you visit a particular MOC web page, our servers log your IP address. Your IP address is not linked to anything personally identifiable.
MOC uses the information it collects about you in the following ways:
• To respond to any requests from you regarding sales and support.
• To contact you regarding any agreements or accepted terms that you may have with MOC for the Services.
• To provide you with marketing emails, special offers, advertising campaigns, or newsletters.
• To provide you with information logs associated with the use of MOC’s Services.
• To contact you regarding functionality changes to our Services or Website.
• To develop new features and functionality to our Services and Website.
• To collect payment and bill for our Services.
• To help personalize searches.
• To diagnose problems.
• To find and prevent fraud.
• To register your domain and IP address through ARIN (American Registry for Internet Numbers).
• To carry out other purposes as disclosed to you through the Website, or found in terms or an agreement between you and MOC.
• Process for other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
MOC shares the information it collects about you in the following ways:
• Advertising – Based on the cookies and other tracking devices, we may work with advertising companies to display ads that may be of interest to you.
• Business Transactions – To provide information to a third party in the event of any disposition of all or any portion of our business (e.g. reorganization, sale, assignment, bankruptcy).
• Aggregated or De-identified Data – We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified information with third party providers for research purposes relating to our Services.
• As Required by Law or Similar Investigations – To comply with legal obligations (e.g. subpoena) or investigate potential legal violations. Liquid Web may be required to share personal data in response to lawful requests from public authorities including to meet national security and/or law enforcement requirements.
• Safety – We may disclose your information to protect and defend the safety of MOC in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
• Consent – MOC may share your information with your consent.
You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional or marketing emails from MOC at any time by using the “unsubscribe” link in the email received, or by emailing us at [email protected] As outlined in the Section, Information We Collect, you can also control your cookie settings.
With respect to your account information, you may update, correct or delete information that you provided to us by logging into your MOC account or contacting us at [email protected]
When MOC no longer has a legitimate business need to process your personal information, or no longer has a need to keep your personal information for any legal, tax, or regulatory reason, we will either delete or anonymize it.
MOC takes all reasonable steps to protect information received from you from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and/or destruction. We maintain technical, physical, and administrative safeguards to secure your information, and we use industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption for your data that is transferred over the internet. Despite its use of encryption, MOC cannot guarantee any method of transmission of information over the internet is 100% secure. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, please contact us at [email protected]
For individuals in the EEA, MOC’s legal basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on the personal information collected and the specific context in which we collect it. MOC will process personal information from you where, a) we have your consent to do so, b) where processing is necessary for MOC to perform Services pursuant to an agreement, or c) where processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information, or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. At any time, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent. If you do not provide the requested information, MOC will not be able to perform Services for you. Also, you have the right to object where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal information.
Individuals located in the EEA may have additional statutory rights available to them with respect to their personal information, including the right to access your personal information, have it erased, have it corrected, or object to or restrict processing. If you would like to make such a request, please email [email protected] and we will respond within thirty (30) days. iThemes will need to verify that the individual is inquiring about his/her own information before we can assist with the request.
We will comply with such requests to the extent legally required by applicable law. For EU individuals, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Our Website and/or Services is not directed at children and our services are designed for consumers and businesses. We do not knowingly collect information from or about children under 13 years of age, and use of our services by children under 13 years of age is forbidden.