Located to the lee of Haleakala on Maui's sunny south side, Wailea Resort, is the true, relaxed, island feel capital of South Maui. None of the Miami Beach style high rises here. With luxurious residences & vacation rental villages limited to 2 stories in height, beautiful palm trees & colorful tropical landscaping, Wailea Resort maintains that tropical island feel. Lush and green thanks to watering, Wailea is on the desert side of Maui and averages less than 11" of rain per year.
One of only two luxury resort and residential communities on Maui, Wailea offers two shopping centers, 5 luxury hotels, several condominium villages and miles of wide, sandy beaches offering the perfect setting for Maui beach weddings, snorkelling, kayaking, sandcastle building, jogging, and... oh yes, sunning. Restaurants offer amazing views, and delicious foods in all price ranges - most can be reached by walking the beach.
- Wailea Resort is located in South Maui and known world wide as one of Hawaii's premier vacation destinations.
- The perfect area for sun seekers wanting to be pampered a bit, Wailea temperatures range from 72°- 85°F and rainfall averages less than 12" per year.
- In Wailea you will find 5 of the best swimming beaches in the State with snorkelling spots at each beach and plentiful parking.
- There are 3 Championship Golf Courses two of which were designed by Robert Trent Jones, Jr and a world class tennis facility. Both offer special rates for our resort condo guests.
- Five major luxury hotels are located within the project and offer superb dinning experiences.
- In general, condo accommodations in the resort are larger than those elsewhere on the island.
- The upscale Shops at Wailea and Wailea Town Center are walkable from most resorts and offer shopping and restaurants for every price range. Don't miss Lampberts Ice Cream for the best the island has to offer - home made!
The 1500-acre Wailea Resort was conceived in the 1960's as an integrated residential resort community. In the early 1970's, overall ideas for land usage and specific plans for some individual project areas were developed.
Lush Resort Hotels along the beach front offer spectacular Spas and Romantic Dining. Exquisite Shopping, and many activity options for all price ranges mean here too you can get along without a car for days on end. This is a top of the line resort but the lush condominium villages mean families and couples can enjoy the luxurious setting and still have an affordable vacation.
Condominiums at Ekahi, Elua, and Ekolu are about 30 years old. Though they have been beautifully maintained, when renting you may prefer a unit that has been remodelled - with newer kitchens and baths. Except for the studios, all Wailea condos on this site have been updated and/or remodelled. The views and locations and sense of privacy found in these properties can't be matched.
Wailea Beach Villas and Ho'olei have been built within the last 2-5 years and represent the top of the line in luxury. Ekahi and Elua are Ocean Front but more affordable Condos. From the Palms, the walk to the beach is relatively easy. Ekolu and Grand Champion Villas are on the golf course and offer great ocean views and the most affordable locations. There are nearly as many residents in these complexes as there are renters as they appreciate the relative quiet and know they can choose from 5 beaches within a 5 minute drive which also offer plenty of parking.
All Wailea Resort guests have the added benefit of reduced rates for golf and tennis at Wailea's 3 world renowned Golf courses and Championship Tennis facility. The Gold course has been host to the Senior Skins game televised nationally on Super Bowl Sunday. The exception is Polo Beach Club - technically in Makena, not all owners here can offer Wailea Pricing for golf and tennis.