You have booked your Maui Vacation, and may already be on Island, but now you are looking for some fun activities. We’ve been all around Maui and wanted to share our 5 favorite Maui Activities (now, this is not going to include hanging at the pool or beach – these are “Maui Activities”).
In no particular order (we love all of these) here are our 5 Top Maui Activities.
1) Blue Water Rafting. This is a fun adventure tour that leaves from the Kihei Boat Ramp. It’s a bit bumpy as the powerful boat motors out to the southern tip of Maui to explore the Lava Caves at Kanaio. You can also stop at Le Perouse Bay, Turtle City and Molokini for snorkeling. If you are lucky enough to go during Whale season – you are more than likely going to have some close encounters with these giant mammals!
2) If you thought flying in from the Mainland gave you some great views of Maui, you have to try a helicopter tour of the Valley Isle. Blue Hawaiian Helicopter tours have many different options to choose from (West Maui, Haleakala, and even doors off!)
3) Though I typically like activities that are on South Maui (near Wailea, Kihei, Makena) if you are going to try a Luau, then you should head over to Lahaina and try the Old Lahaina Luau. A beautiful setting allows you to watch the sun set while you enjoy a Mai Tai or other tropical refreshment. The food is tradition, and the performance is wonderful.
4) If you are on Maui during whale season (typically Mid-November through April) you’ve probably already seen these creatures jumping and splashing while you have caught some rays on the beach or pool. If you want a potential close encounter – then Maui Adventure Cruises offers a great raft style boat that heads out and can glide across the calm Maui waters to watch these mammals.
5) Another authentic Maui Activitiy is the Maui Sailing Canoe. This outrigger canoe has a sail! You push off from the beach, jump on the boat and sail around effortlessly. The Captain will guide you to wonderful snorkeling areas that are accessable only by boat while also learning about the Maui and Hawaiian culture. A memeber of the Hawaii Ecotourism Association, you will be sure to enjoy your time about the “Hina.”
You have now seen our favorite Maui activities, please share your favorites as well. Also, keep in mind for all of your Maui Vacation Condo Rentals by Owner needs, we have the largest South Maui directory of vacation rental condos at your fingertips.
Mahalo for your time.