Located on Maui's West Side amid the writhing ocean and peaks of the West Maui Mountains, Kapalua Resort puts an emphasis on world-class amenities and offers a unique blend of luxury and privacy. For those wishing a quiet location with unbounded natural beauty and activities ranging from sunbathing to spas, hiking, tennis, championship golf, snorkeling, swimming with the turtles, ziplining & more, this is the location for you.
Close enough to enjoy the touristy but historical town of Lahaina and nightlife of Ka'anapali when the urge hits, Kapalua Resort is the perfect area for more active sun seekers wanting to have some night life but not be surrounded by hordes of people. The West Side has a bit more wind and rain than the South Shore, but not enough to interfere with that golf or tennis game or miles of hikes from the ocean front dunes trail to mountain ridges.
Enjoy the facilities of the Montage or Ritz Carleton, fine dining and activities abound. The Ocean views from every condo include the rugged majesty of Molokai. Condominiums are spacious here and all are well appointed.
- Kapalua Bay Villa residences in 27 buildings located adjacent tp a secluded beach ocean front on Oneloa Bay.
- Kapalua Golf Villas: 186 one & two-Bedroom condos in 16 buildings surrounded by & overlooking the Bay Course and the ocean beyond.
- The Ridge at Kapalua: 28 2 and 3-story buildings with 161 apartments set throughout Kapalua's Bay Course.
- The Montage and Ritz Carleton (AAA 5 Diamond Hotel) offer many amenities
- 2 Championship Golf Courses, The Bay Course (once host of the Kapalua LPGA Classic) and challenging Plantation Course, home of the PGA's Hyundai (formerly Mercedes Benz) Tournament of Champions. Discounts may be available to Guests staying in some of our properties.
- Spa Montage
- Kapalua Tennis Garden offers structured games and night Tennis.
Developed by the Maui Land & Pineapple Company and one of only two designated resorts (Wailea is the other) in Maui County, Kapalua extends inland from Kapalua Bay and Honolua Bay. It encompases 5.83 sq miles and ranges up to 207' above sea level.
Your mailing address when staying in Kapalua is Lahaina - don't be confused - you are not in the TOWN of Lahaina, that’s just the closest post office. All of the hotels and condos on the west side of Maui have Lahaina mailing addresses, but few are in Lahaina. You do pass through Lahaina to get to other parts of the island, including the airport unless you choose to take the very dangerous at times 1 lane road around the north west side of the island. Most who do that - don't repeat it. If you must try it, use it to get to Wailuku or Kahului, don't come to Kapalua that way.
Traffic through Lahaina is often very congested, especially at rush hour so plan accordingly. There is now a By-Pass for most of Lahaina but traffic still backs up on either side of it. Planning your time is also important when heading to the airport. An accident on the highway can cause the road to close for up to 3 hours!!!.. I like to head out early - check my bags and then head to Mama's Fish House (Paia) or Hailimaile General Store (Makawawo) for a good by meal - then I'm sure I'll make my flight.